Thursday, October 17, 2019

Error response from daemon: No such container:docker

Hi Guys ,

This blog is about the issue "Error response from daemon: No such container:"
I got this error while using docker , I had an docker container which I tried to stop using the command

docker stop myContainer

But instead of stopping it docker gave an error message like
Error response from daemon: No such container:myContainer .

Later I have found out that the docker container name was incorrect .

So I did docker ps

And I got the list of docker containers .
I checked the name of the container which needs to be stopped under the names column . I am able to stop the container .



The second situation where I got the same error is when I tried to start the docker container using the command
start docker myContainer .
Same as above the name is wrong , hence the error .

Watch the video for more details .

No comments:

Post a Comment

ec2-user@ec2 Permission denied